Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome to my Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog! My name is Jennifer Jenkins and I am from Columbus, Ohio. I love Buckeye football, coffee, music, and spending time with my family. I help raise my nephews and my niece - they are my pride and joy! :) My favorite season is Fall! In my spare time I try to spend as much time with my family as possible, but I do also enjoy reading a good book when I have the time! Coffee is something I must have every day - honestly, I live on coffee! :)

My main goal that I hope to accomplish as an educator is to have an impact on the future of our society. I am studying to be a middle school teacher, and I want to do more than teach, I want to make a difference. I do not simply want to be an educator but also a positive influence. I want to teach students and also develop a relationship as a mentor for them throughout their education. I believe that education is a lifelong journey that never ends. So while I am teaching my students, I also want to learn from them. We're never too old to learn! :) I'm hoping to also be able to help my students appreciate the subjects they are learning and to get interested in them. I want to teach science and social studies. Science is always changing, and history is always being made. As a child, these were my two least favorite subjects. As an adult, I appreciate them more and understand how much more of an importance they hold on my life and my surroundings. I'm hoping that as an educator I can help students to not only learn the subjects but to help them understand how they impact their personal lives. Most importantly, I want my students to HAVE FUN while learning!  

No comments:

Post a Comment