Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blogging

Welcome to my first blog entry! (Well, my first entry written on my own anyway and not as a required assignment for a college course, lol). I am extremely excited to be a part of the blogging community! So far, I have explored some really great teacher blogs! I must say though, while it is all very exciting, I am a little overwhelmed. I guess I might be jumping the gun a little bit (starting this blog before actually being in a classroom), because I feel a little like an outsider. While taking the education technology course at college, I was introduced to some great technology and tools to use in the classroom that I have never heard of before. As I look at teacher blogs, I see link parties, and buttons/pins, and a ton of other things I have never heard of before. I'm definitely a newbie! :) But I think about when I first started this blog....and I knew NOTHING! I've never had a blog before (EVER), so this was all very new to me when I created this blog. I think I have come a very long way since then! And now for the "real blogging"....I want to get a jump into blogging and build a community around me, so when it is time to start teaching I have friends in this community that I can reach out to. I also want to share my experiences, ideas, etc. as well. I'm happy that my blogging journey has finally begun! I hope that you all enjoy my blog, and please always feel free to leave a comment - even if you just want to say hi! :)

One thing I want to start doing on every entry, is to leave a quote at the end. So, I hope you enjoy!

Until next time,

Jen


"There are two kinds of teachers: the kind that fill you with so much quail shot that you can't move, and the kind that just gives you a little prod behind and you jump to the skies." - Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment